Friday, July 26, 2013

DIY: Dry shampoo!

I wanted to start this off by apologizing for my lack of posts recently. I have been a very busy girl lately, and I will be for the rest of my summer. I am currently typing to you from New Port Beach, and I will be here for the next week. When I get home, I will be attending a concert, sleep-away camp & even a family vacation to Hawaii! Therefore, it will be extremely difficult to blog all the time, but I promise to do my very best! Also, I must know what sort of things you are all interested in hearing about. I would love to share my adventures that take place throughout the next weeks, but I'm not sure if any of you would care about my personal life. Let me know, wether it's through Instagram, Twitter, Kik Messenger or this blog...

Now let's move on to fun things!

Apparently, loads of people loved my 'do it yourself: beach hair spray' post. After a couple requests to do more DIY's, I was motivated to find the perfect recipe for a dry shampoo that people of all hair colors & hair types can use. I'm a brunette myself, and to be quite honest, dry shampoo's are extremely difficult to use because they continuously leave your hair with white powder from all of the cornstarch. After a long time scowering the internet & trying all of the different recipes, I finally found the perfect ingredients for a dry shampoo that people with light, dark, thick & thin hair are able to apply, all getting the same results. (Without the white mess...)

What you will need to make your dry shampoo:

- A glass salt shaker WITH A LID!
- Some sort of label sticker to display what is in your salt shaker.
- Cornstarch
- Baking soda
- Lavender, or any other 'pleasant smelling' essential oil

(You can buy everything listed above at your local, 'Target'... The salt shaker with the lid is handy because it allows you to take your dry shampoo with you, wherever you go!)

How to make:

- Combine 1/2 cup of cornstarch with 1/2 cup of baking soda in a small bowl.
- Add 3-5 drops of the sweet smelling oil that you chose.
- Mix together thoroughly. (If there are clumps, break them up with the back of a spoon.) Mixture should be completely powered when you're done.

How to use:

- Gently shake the mixture over the part of your hair. (Make sure to focus on the part!) Use NO MORE than 1 teaspoon over your whole head.
- Let sit on for a minute or two. (Maybe finish up your makeup or brush your teeth while you wait...)
- Brush out all of the reminence from your hair over the sink. Really try to get out as much of the powder as you can!

Now your hair is looking, smelling & feeling great, and you didn't even wash it! I hope that some of you will find this post helpful. Remember to leave feedback on this post & let me know if you try it! :)

Always, Molly
♡ xoxoxo ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment