Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Anti-Bullying.

First off, I just wanted to thank you all for over 500 page views. It's cool to think that over 500 people have looked at my blog. I'm about 40 more page views away from 600. If I ever get to 1,000 views, I will do something special. I don't know what it is yet, but it will be something exciting! 

Now I would like to move on to something of much more importace. Throughout the past days, I have been helping out a close friend with some issues shes been having with some rude people. I know that bullying has nothing to do with my blog, but I just thought that the topic needs to be discussed. Some of the things that have been said to my friend are completely uncalled for, considering that she is one of the most beautiful girls I have ever met. People need to understand that making fun of others is not going to make you feel any better about yourself. We need to think of a new way to gain a lot of confidence without hurting others in the process.

The first thing we need to do is examine ourselves. Have we ever laughed at someone? Or have we ever judged someone by their looks, or in how they act? Of course we have. No one is perfect. Everyone has some part in being a bully. No one is "Sin-Free". I know that some of you will be reading this while thinking, "Oh my goodness, I am so bullied. People are so mean to me. I hate my life..." etc, etc. Look at it from a different perspective! There's people around that world that have much worse lives than you. Think about all of the wonderful things in your life. You have a device to use. You have a house to live in. You have a family. There are people in the world that have none of those things. That's all they are wishing for right now, and you're choosing to complain about how terrible YOUR life is. To be more confident about yourself, you need to show gradittude. You need to be thankful for what you have.

There are many types of bullies. Some of those include physical bullies, cyber bullied and backstabbers. I am going to talk about all three of those bullies in the next few paragraphs. I will try to help you all get the confidence to stand up to them, or to stop being one of them. If you are one of these bullies, I hope I can get you some confidence to stop.

The first type of bullying that we are going to go over is physical bullying. Physical bullying is when people actually hurt people, as in slapping and punching. This usually happens when they get really upset, or they don't get what they want. I've realized that physical bullies get mad when people are frightened by them. If you want people to like you, try being kind others. If you're having trouble with physical bullies, try avoiding them. If they are constantly chasing you around school or threatening to hurt you, you need to tell an adult. I've learned from experiences that teachers can really help with those problems. Remind the teacher that you don't want the bully to know that you "told on them". Later, the bully could find you and hurt you again for telling the teacher. I've heard of terrible experiences that have happened in a similar situation, and you don't want to get into another problem with the same person, after you think everything's ok.

Now we're going to talk about cyber bullies. A cyber bully is a misreable person that uses their cell phone or computer to say mean things to people either through text, or any social media application. Most cyber bullies are people that have nothing to do with their lives. They're usually sitting on the couch all day with a bag of potato chips in one hand, and a cell phone in the other. I've found that most "hate" happens through the website / app by the name of "ask.fm". I used to have an account myself, and trust me, it's not something that you want to get into. "Ask" gives cyber bullies power to write terrible things about you, anonymously, so no one knows that you said it. If you have an Ask, I suggest you delete it soon, before you read something that makes you permanently upset. People that chose to cyber bully through Ask are insecure cowards that don't have the audacity to say it to your face. When people bring others down, they feel better about themselves because they feel like they have more power than they really do. If you are a cyber bully, try getting out of the house for once. Try doing something fun, instead of eating potato chips on the couch all day. Maybe eat potato chips in a different location! Cyber bullying people makes you feel guilty and bad about yourself. You realize that you have no friends when you cyber bully. If you're nice to people, people will be nice back. That's all I really have to say about Cyber bullying.

The last type of bullies that I wanted to discuss are called backstabbers. This is definitely the most common type of bullying in our society, because EVERYONE does it. Who doesn't have a mean inside joke about someone completely innocent? If you think you're the innocent one, YOU'RE WRONG. I mean E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E does rude things behind other people's backs. To be happier about yourself, you need to make attempts to stop talking about others in cruel ways, and to start thinking of fun things to do with your life. At the end of the day, even if you said something negative about someone else, you need to ask yourself, "Did I really try my hardest today?" If you did, you're already making progress. If you are one of the people that is being talked about in offensive ways, try confronting people by saying, "I would really appreciate if you could stop saying ____ about me." If you confront someone, they will feel terrible about them self. They will do EVERYTHING they can to get you to like them, because they're so desperate to be liked by everyone.

You need to remember that not everyone is going to like you. But if you're nice to people, you're going to have a ton of friends. I am hoping that this post helped some of you.

Always, Molly

♡ XOXO ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment